SEMI-CLOSED HOOD & AIR SYSTEM|
SEMI-CLOSED HOOD OVER DRYER SECTION
In the Open Hood offered by us, the evaporated moisture in the entire dryer section is extracted uniformly and is
then lead to a Plenum duct running along the length of the Hood at the drive side before being finally discharged
to the atmosphere via exhaust ducts and fans.
CONSTRUCTIONAL DETAILS OF OPEN HOOD
The Open Hood comprises of the following parts :
The main supporting structures are made of MS Profile, Hot Dip galvanised. The Roof panels are built up with 75
mm thick mineral wool insulation sandwiched between 0.7 mm thick Aluminium sheets.
The fixed short side panels immediately beneath the Roof are built up with 50 mm thick mineral wool insulation
sandwiched between 0.7 mm thick Aluminium sheets.
The hookable side panels are made of 0.7 mm thick corrugated aluminium sheets and Aluminium Frames.
The internal exhaust duct is made of Aluminium sheet below the roof at the drive side along the entire length of the
hood . The Exhaust duct is equipped with exhaust openings towards the machine between every second pair of roof
beams on the drive side and each opening is provided with a GI sliding damper for control of air flow. Cross ductings
of 0.7 mm thick corrugated aluminium sheet sucking air from the front side of the hood are also arranged between
every other second pair of roof beams.
Thus the exhaust air from the hood is sucked from an equal number of suction opening on the front and on the back
side of the roof .
Expected Benefits from Open Hood & PV System for Dryer Section of a Paper Machine
Semi- Closed Hood
- The Hood Captures and Removes the vapour from the Dryer Section
- Prevents condensation on paper and thereby eliminates loss of production & Quality problems.
- Preserves building trusses and machine equipment like felt rolls, dryer frames, structural members etc.
- Reduces painting cost.
- Avoids overheating due to non-uniform moisture profile across paper width and thereby saves energy.
- Reduces heat loss due to convection and radiation.
- Presents a sparkling look to your Paper Machine & improves working environment for the personnel in Machine
- Lastly, God forbid, if there is a fire in the Paper Machine, the Hood prevents it from spreading out to entire machine